Monday, June 20, 2011

TinkerBell Wand Cookies

The idea was this...

My niece planned her 4th birthday herself. What she would wear, who would come and that she wanted a visit from Tinkerbell herself...

How could I incorporate a beautiful fairy into a cookie without having to draw her face on each cookie??????
After doing some research on the topic, I realized that Tinkerbell carries a wand and that a 'star wand cookie' would be perfect. 
 ----------------------------------
I used a variation of a sugar cookie recipe that I found at:
'Bake @ 350' 

She does amazing cookies, so I kinda figured, why not use what the professionals use. 

Here is the link to the recipe she uses: Click Here 

I tweaked it a bit to fit my taste...

2 3/4 cups unbleached, all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar 
2 sticks (salted) butter, cold
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

I love this recipe and use it for all my decorative cookies. I personally like less sugar and more vanilla in my dough. 

-------------------------------------------
The girls had wings and they also had a delicious wand, so the idea began to evolve from there. This is the end result....

Icing Detail

With Ribbons

On display
  

12 comments:

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio