Friday, January 30, 2015

Red Velvet Box Cake Cookies

I bet you didn't know that you could make delicious, quick and easy cookies from a Box Cake Mix!!! 

I hadn't either... Until, I stumbled across a wonderful post and recipe by one of my favorite Bloggers: 
I am Baker.

You too can follow her blog and look at all her wonderful recipes on: Iambaker.net

My daughter is a HUGE Red Velvet cake person. I mean HUGE, so I decided to make the recipe featured on 'I am Baker's' Blog for Devil Food Cake Cookies into Red Velvet Cake Cookies!!! 

I wasn't sure if the recipe would translate the same, but I was pretty confident it would turn out okay. 

Here they are prepared and being packaged up individually for a school event....



They are moist and somewhat chewy and the extra sprinkle of powdered sugar made all the difference. 


Just the right amount of sweetness...

I am baker uses Devil's Food Cake Mix in the Original Recipe, but trust me, you can use any Cake Mix you have on hand. The possibilities are endless....

Original Recipe and Blog Post can be found here: Devil Food Cake Cookies

I omitted the Chocolate Chips in the Red Velvet Version....

Enjoy!!!!!!

Triple Chocolate Devils Food Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
Instructions
  1. Pour dry ingredients into medium bowl.
  2. Add oil and eggs and mix until well combined.
  3. Stir in all chips.
  4. Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, scoop out small balls of dough. This recipe makes 18-24 cookies, so I had three cookies sheets prepared.
  5. Place eight dough balls on each cookie sheet. (If you would prefer a smoother appearance for your cookie, go back and roll each cookie between your hands.)
  6. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio