Saturday, September 1, 2012

Red Velvet and Coffee Cupcakes for a Bridal Shower

I've been a busy bee lately and was excited for a Bridal Shower project that consisted of: 

Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes
Chocolate Mini Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting
Vanilla Mini Cupcakes with Coffee Frosting

In addition to making the mini versions of these delicious cupcakes, I also topped each cupcake with hand-piped royal icing flowers. This added a delicate and very pretty touch to each cupcake. 

The coffee flavor in the frosting was not overpowering and was delicate enough that it made you want more. 

I adjusted the amount of espresso powder (Folders instant coffee granules) and used my daughter and husband as the taste testers (aka Guinea Pigs). We preferred a stronger coffee taste, as they are avid coffee drinkers. 

My daughter loved the frosting so much that she wanted to take a tupperware container full of frosting back to school with her. I may need to send a batch with her next care package and she can make cupcakes with her friends and have this great homemade frosting. 

I found the great espresso buttercream frosting on Brown Eyed Baker
For the link to the recipe, click HERE

Can you guess which is my favorite flavor??????








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio