Sunday, August 10, 2014

Retirement Cake for a Domino Lover...

My dad just turned 65 in April of this year and is set to retire soon. 

He was born and raised on the beautiful island of Puerto Rico and came to work in NY in his late teens/early 20's. As a young man, he lived the American dream - working hard and owning his own business in order to support his family and raise both my sister and I.

I owe everything to my parents: they taught me that with hard work and determination, all is possible. I know it's a cliche, but it's so true. 

Throughout that time and through all those years, he had a dream and a hope that he would return to Puerto Rico and share his last decades with his siblings and live in the same town where he was born and raised. 

To celebrate the next chapter in his life, my sister and I wanted to celebrate with him. 
What better dessert is there than one that shows what his love and hobby is: DOMINOS! 




My dad was so excited when he saw the cake. It had a domino game being played on top and several dominos, in waiting, on the sides. 

The cake was: 
Pina Colada Cake with Coconut Buttercream Frosting
Airbrushed Brown to resemble a wood playing table.
Dominos were made out of white fondant and each set of dots hand-drawn on. 
The flag was printed on edible wafer paper with edible ink.
The table was also adorned with small red party cups

  
My only wish is that my dad enjoy every minute of his retirement years, while surrounded by loved ones. He has childhood memories with his siblings and now will make retirement memories with them too. I love him with all my heart!!! 

Let's Raise a glass... 

Cheers!!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio