Sunday, April 5, 2015

Butter Pecan Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting

Happy Easter Everyone!!!! 

The way this cake came about is because my husband is a BIG fan of Butter Pecan. It's one of the only ice creams flavors that we always have in our freezer, besides Chocolate, of course ;-)

So when I saw a Butter Pecan flavor in a boxed cake, I was thrilled!!! 

I then started to think of frosting flavors and decided to try the Salted Caramel Frosting I had just seen on the website: Sally's Baking Addiction

She is one of my favorite bloggers and her book is my dream come true. Pretty, colorful and the recipes are Oh So Gooood!!!!!




Upon baking the cake, my kitchen smelled divine! I was very excited to see how the whole thing would turn out. 

I baked the cake according to the package and then proceeded to make the frosting. 

After the cake was chilled and leveled, I stacked the cake and added the delicious frosting. 
I drizzled some more caramel on top of the frosted cake and also added some crushed pretzels for texture. 

The results were amazing....








SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING


  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2-3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 20 pretzel twists, optional

Directions:

Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and heavy cream. Stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add salt. Allow to bubble for exactly 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency.
Make this cake... It's divine!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio