Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Rose Cake

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" 
                                                                   - William Shakespeare

Roses are the epitome of romance and love. What better way to show someone you love them than by presenting them with a beautiful cake decorated ALL in buttercream roses. 

The 'Rose Cake' is a technique that took the baking world by storm in 2011 when the Amazing Amanda (aka "I am Baker") introduced it to everyone on her blog: www.iambaker.net 

What a genius way to decorate a cake using a tip that most of us already have in our kitchen. And the end result is pure beauty. 

I've used the technique twice already. Once for my beautiful sister's birthday and then she asked me to make one for a dear family member's birthday. I think both cakes came out beautiful and I have a room full of people to back me up on this... :-) 

Birthday Cake for my Sister


A Birthday cake for a Family Friend


It is quite the show stopper and people always think that it was terribly hard to decorate. And now you know that it is not hard to do. It'll be our little secret. 

Here is the original blog post, from Amanda's blog, for the technique: 
http://iambaker.net/rose-cake-tutorial/

And also the Youtube video that started it all: 


Hope you guys will try this on your next cake. 
Trust me when I say that everyone will love it!!!

Happy Baking! 
Sweet Smiles!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio