Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rum Cake

I have recently gotten orders for 'non-traditional' Birthday Cakes for men.
I made a Blueberry Bundt cake for my best friend's husband (I will post that one soon, I promise). 
This week was an order for a 
Rum Cake
for my cousin's boyfriend.

I looked online for several variations of the cake, including a coconut rum a cake (Yum! I'm partial to anything coconut).
He decided on a simple yellow cake version and this is what I made for him. 

I found a highly-rated recipe on 'Food.com' called
"Almost Tortuga Rum Cake"
By Heart 'N Soul

For the full recipe, Click Here

It totally reminded me of a rum cake I once had and brought home from a trip to the Bahamas with some girlfriends. In the description, Heart 'N Soul felt the same way about the cake they ate as I did and were also disheartened when finding out that the cake was so expensive to ship. 

My husband also had a similar situation when finding a rum cake he loved at a Kiosk in a mall quite a distance from our home. Needless to say, he is in love with this Rum Cake and won't be taking the 40 minute drive to the mall anymore. 

Here is the one I made for Home




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio