Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Carrot Cake made with Crushed Pineapple and Coconut Flakes

Not sure if I mentioned before how much I love Semi-homemade things... GASP!!!!

Even with my baking, I love to make something special out of something ordinary. 

For instance, I LOVE the Cake Mix Doctor books. I know, I know, A cake box mix? Why not make a cake from scratch. 

My philosophy is... If it isn't broken, why try to fix it. I can just see myself attempting a cake from scratch and being distracted by one of my kid's something or other and forgetting the baking powder or baking soda? You see, I don't even know what ingredient goes into making a cake! So how can I be expected to make something great out of that.  

So, yes, I use cake mixes and I do so happily. :-D

For this little project, I wanted to make a carrot cake similar to the one my mom made when I was a kid. It was moist and had coconut in it. How great is that? 

So, I adapted a recipe from my trusty source: The Cake Mix Doctor
I absolutely LOVE her and have gotten raves from 9 out of 10 cakes I have made from her cookbook. 

I also wanted to use the new Bundt pan I received as a gift from my hubby for my birthday.

Here is the final product. Pretty.....





Here is the recipe with some modifications: 

Carrot Cake with Pineapple and Coconut

1 package White cake mix
1 package vanilla pudding
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 TBS ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup orange juice 
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs 
2 cups grated carrots
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained 
1/2 cup shredded coconut 
Powdered Sugar


1. Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour Bundt pan

2. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, pineapple, juice, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger  eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in carrots and coconut. Pour into pan. 

3. Bake cake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar. 

Enjoy!!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio