Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Donating Cookies makes me Smile....

And makes my heart happy......

When I started this baking journey in 2011, I quickly found out that this is truly my passion...

I love the smell of the things I bake, I love the process of making things and the process of turning simple ingredients into not only beautiful creations but also tasty treats. 

As I baked for friends and family, I realized that making other people happy was such a great feeling. 

I briefly thought about having my own baking business, but soon realized, that my current job didn't allow the time to invest in making this a profitable business. So I continued baking for my friends, family and for the occasional donation. 

Through social media, I was able to find out about Organizations that offer novice bakers the opportunity to bake for Charity....

There was the answer....

I will bake for charity and make others happy too with my creations.

I have the honor to currently bake for: 

Operation Cookie Takeover: An organization that asks for cookies to be sent to troops oversees. 
http://operationcookietakeover.sammiebssweets.com/details.html 

Icing Smiles, Inc: An organization that provides cakes and cookies to families impacted by the critical illness of a child.
http://www.icingsmiles.org/

This Spring, I will also join forces with: 

Cookies for Kids Cancer: An organization that assists others in holding events in order to raise funds to assist in Pediatric Cancer research. 
http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/

I am thrilled to be organizing a Bake Sale in Our Town where all the funds raised will be donated to Pediatric Cancer Research. 

Below are the cookies I have donated, so far, to the first two organizations: 
This is the set I sent to a Marine stationed outside the US for Christmas (2014)


I sent this set to a family during the Summer of 2014

This is the set I sent a little girl having back surgery during the Fall of 2014

This is the set I sent two little girls in TX during the Winter of 2015


I hope they loved the cookies, as much as, I loved making them...

Looking forward to more projects and the upcoming Bake Sale!!!! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio